Last weekend, Brian and I babysat our niece and nephew ( I say we babysat, but Grandpa Scott really did most of the work- which was probably for the best considering neither of us really know how or wanted to figure out the diaper situation).
Now let me explain a little something about these kids. Hailey (just turned 4 years old) goes by many different names. Hailey, Hailey-bird, and sometimes just bird, but for me she will always be called freaky baby. I met Hailey when she was two, and I was so freaked out by how smart she is that I quickly began to refer to her as freaky baby. Here are a couple of funny things she has said to me over the past couple years:
A conversation we had after she had just turned two:
Hailey: "Marcie, let me use some of your water so I can paint."
Marcie: "But Hailey, this is my drinking water. Why don't we get you some of your own water to paint with. "( I thought at the time that this was a pretty reasonable suggestion)
Hailey: (Sigh of frusteration) "Well... if we are going to be friends, than you really need to learn to share."
I remember thinking to myself, "what kind of 2 year old are you?" Freaky.
A conversation we had last weekend at about 1:00 in the morning, as I was trying to no avail to get this little girl to sleep.
Hailey: "I just feel like I really need to go downstairs."
Marcie: "It's time for bed, we are not going to go downstairs."
Hailey: "But I just really feel like I need to."
Marcie: (Eyes closed, hoping she would follow along).
Hailey: "Well, I just feel like I'm getting pretty hungry."
Marcie: "Well, when Brian comes up we will have him bring us some crackers."(I lied. I
was optimistic that she would be asleep by the time he came upstairs).
Hailey: "My stomach is telling me that I am hungry!"
Marcie: ''Are your eyes telling you that you are tired?''
Hailey: (With a look on her face that told me she was clearly was thinking, "you are the stupidest person I know")- "Marcie... eyes don't talk, but stomachs do and I think mine is telling me I am
starving... wait (she closes her eyes for a few seconds, and then opens them). Yep. I'm
starving."
What was I thinking? Duh Marcie...
And probably my favorite: Right around the time when Shayla was breast-feeding Colby, Hailey informed us all...
Hailey: "Colby eats boobies all by himself."
Oh Hailey.
9 comments:
Ha ha ha. Freaky baby indeed. I'm glad you made a post! Woohoo!
Yeah it's about time you made a post! Yay! Ha ha freaky baby?
Yay.... Marcie's a blogger! I love the funny things kids say! Sounds like you and Brian got some good practice in on the babysitting thing:)
feel free to take the small version of me to europe i would love it there. okay i think it is time for a new post young lady!
I am so excited that you have a blog... now update it so we know what you are up to, ok?
When do you two leave for Europe? I wish I could tag along..... wouldn't that be fun!?
Take lot's of pictures so you can do a new post when you get back.
Bye now!
This makes me think of a super funny thing Brian said when he came in to the office the other day. What was it?...
Okay, I don't know you, but I went to school with Brian. Your posts crack me up! You are hilarious and it seems to me that you are PERFECT for Brian! Congrats on the wedding by the way, I haven't talked to Brian since.
Post a Comment