Wednesday, July 30, 2008

There Are Spiders EVERYWHERE!


I am no stranger to crazy sleepers. Trevor, for example, talks....no yells in his sleep. There were many times growing up where I would be awakened to Trevor yelling nonsense. It was usually about whatever was consuming his mind- there was even a time when he was yelling to Brett Favre to pass him the ball (remember that stage? ha). Or even my mom. You can try and wake her up in the most gentle way possible and she'll still stare at you wide-eyed and scream bloody murder. Even growing up with all of this, I wasn't prepared for Brian's crazy sleeping habits.

The first incident occurred not too long after we had gotten married.... There I was, peacefully sleeping- probably looking like an angel (anyone who knows about my drool face knows this isn't true) when Brian jumps out of bed screaming gibberish. He ran over, turned on the light, and began shaking out all the blankets and ripping the sheets off of the bed. All while I still lay there trying not to wake up. He then looked at me when a more serious face than I've ever seen and says, "you might want to get up... there are spiders EVERYWHERE." I knew that he had to of been dreaming and there were no spiders, but then my mind got the better of me and I began to feel spiders crawling on me... spiders that were not there , of course. So I too got up and began shaking out my blankets. After a few minutes of this stupid behavior, he turns to me and says, "there is a pretty good chance that I'm making this up." He then plops back down and goes back to sleep with not another word. I then am left, wide awake and being paranoid about spiders.


This story has often been a crowd favorite, probably because the actions make it so much better.
So last night... There I am sleeping peacefully once again, bothering no one- I might add, when Brian starts freaking out and yelling a few profanities about the spiders. He jumps up and stands at the foot of the bed and just stands there...getting pretty upset that I'm not worried about all the spiders. "Brian, just turn on the stupid light then," I annoyingly state. The light comes on, and you've guessed it... NO SPIDERS! At this point I'm tired, grumpy and literally in shock that this is happening yet again. I look at him, he's clearly still asleep and I nicely ask, "Is there a chance you could be making THIS up?" He then told me, "Well, it's in the book." What? Huh? Your guess is as good as mine. I think I will be monitor his book selections from now on. He lays back down and within seconds is back asleep. I lay down and shockingly could not sleep, and to make it worse I had to sneeze...bad. After about an hour of this I got up, gathered my pillow and blanket and headed for the couch. I took a Benadryl, sneezed, and fell asleep a half hour later. So needless to say, I'm tired and a little grouchy and expect treats to make up for this. Hear that Bri? Treats...

6 comments:

Karli said...

ha ha ha that is a great story!!! that would scare me so bad! i remember sleepovers at the winnies was always interesting...

Doug and Shayla said...

Ha ha. You poor thing Marce. Bri sure likes to keep things interesting. I can't give him a hard time, because as you know he has stories on me and "the bells in SLC." It must just run in our family to be crazy in our sleep. I like the treats part.

Justin said...

Oh my goodness Marcie, this is a fantastic post. I am always entertained by stories of people who go insane when they fall asleep.

The Benedict's said...

That story is feakin hilarious.

Tanner Winnie said...

Uh... I've had a couple dreams like that too. I jump out of bed and freak out that there was a big spider in my bed when there wasn't. They're probably the scariest dreams you could have.

Linda :) said...

ha ha I had a spider dream once. I was dreaming a big huge spider was sliding down from the ceiling on his silk string web straight towards my face. It woke me up so fast, i opened my eyes and there inches away from my face was a big Huge spider!!! No Lie!! it was so freaky. How does that happen? So beware Marcie one of these night you just might have a bed full of spiders :(