People always tell me I look like my Mom. People always tell me I look like my Dad. Regardless of who I really look like... I act like my Dad. I have inherited various traits of his, of course I didn't inherit the chicken-legs, but that's a whole other complaint in itself. Over the years I've tried to deny it, but it's true- I have a little OCD. I never knew it wasn't normal to come home from class and re-write your notes so they are perfect. Or that it was strange to color-coordinate my note cards with corresponding chapters in my book. The latest obsession- packing for Europe. I have a constant tummy-ache with the thought of forgetting something. Brian laughed at me yesterday because I was in phase 1 of packing. Phase 1, you wonder? It goes like this:
Phase 1: Laundry and list making. All the laundry must be done so that when the actual packing begins, it's there ready for the taking. The list making is necessary because of phase 2...
Phase 2: Going over the list. This is the chance to run to the store to get any last minute necessities.
Phase 3: Assembly. Now is the time to put it all together, arranged perfectly in the suitcase. It's also time to plan out travel outfits and items to bring on the plane.
I know it seems weird, but it's hard packing for a destination where you really don't know what to expect. Is it humid there? Am I going to have Monica in Barbados hair the whole time? Are hats even going to help? The stress about the flight doesn't help- considering I won't go on most the rides at Lagoon, you can guess that flying really isn't my thing.
Brian on the other hand hasn't given a thought to packing. "Why? We still have a couple days?" Guys are weird.
Packing pictures to come...
4 comments:
Hahaha, I loved this.
Yeah, I'm definitely in Brian's line of thought there.. I'm usually a night before/morning of packer.
Ha ha ha!! I use to pack exactly the same way!!!
You will probably wise up in about 20 years or so and pack like I do now..... Throw everything in a suitcase the night before and iron it as you need it, that is IF you even need it while on your vaca:)
have so much fun in europe! I love your blog! It is so funny :) P.S. I love the wedding picture of you and brian. P.S.S. Where did you get those beautiful earings? au revoir Linda :)
Marci! I'm so excited I found ya! How fun to go to Europe- i'm totally jealous. I'm just like you, totally OCD about packing. On the first night of me and Derek's honeymoon, I repacked our whole suitcase first thing- before any of the other festivities began! :) He never lets me live that one down. Our blog is derekandjess.blogspot.com if you ever feel like checkin' in. I hope you do- I miss my stubby buddy!
Post a Comment